Wednesday 19 December 2012

A Chip Off The Old Block!


At the age of 8 or 9 years, I was watching the film 'Trapeze' at my grandmother's home one Sunday afternoon. This was the moment that I first discovered the existence of Gina Lollobridgida, who I immediately recognised as being totally unique, and totally perfect. It was love at first sight, and I spent much of the rest of my childhood wondering how I might find someone who looked exactly like that, but closer to my own age, of course.

The movie was made partly on location at the famous Circus Bouglione, which is currently in Brussels.

I took my son along to Bouglione, as I do every year. George is 7 years old. A trapeze act was about to begin, and 3 young ladies appeared. The conversation between George and myself went like this:




"Look, Dad, they are really pretty ladies, aren't they?"

"Yes George, they are. Very pretty."

"Are they Italian ladies?"

"Yes they are".

"Wow. When I grow up I'm going to marry some ladies like that!"

Nice one George!!

No comments:

Post a Comment